This is how the 37th World Congress of Sports Medicine was lived
Welcome to the 37th World Congress of Sports Medicine, FIMS 2022
INVITATION FROM THE PRESIDENT OF THE INTERNATIONAL FEDERATION OF SPORTS MEDICINE (FIMS)
It is my pleasure to inform you that, after arduous efforts, Mexico is honored to host the major congress of our specialty in its 37th version.
We celebrate and appreciate the support of the International Federation of Sports Medicine, the National Commission for Physical Culture and Sport (CONADE), and the Government of the State of Jalisco; for their trust and support to carry out this outstanding congress, which is already a great success.
This 37th Congress is, definitely, an important opportunity to enhance knowledge sharing, at the highest level, among experts in Sports Medicine and Applied Sports Science. This will have a direct, positive impact on the society’s health (high-performance athletes, amateurs, and general population).
The 37th Congress also reflects, par excellence, an ideal space to attain a high exposure to key actors in the field of medicine and sports.
I invite you all to actively participate in all the events organized for such an important congress. I am confident that your participation will be fruitful and well rewarded with learning. I am sure the program will satisfy your curiosity and your intellectual need.
Dr. Felipe H. Gómez Ballesteros
PRESIDENT OF FEMMEDE
First press conference of the 37th World Congress of Sports Medicine, FIMS 2022
From left to right:
- Dr. Raúl Carrillo Rodríguez, Medical Director of the National Commission of Physical Culture and Sports CONADE.
- Lic. Gustavo Staufert Buclon, Director of the Guadalajara Convention and Visitors Bureau, OFVC.
- Master. Luis Fernando Ortega Ramos, Director of the State Council for Sports Development (CODE), of the Government of the State of Jalisco.
- Dr. Felipe Homero Gómez Ballesteros, President of the Mexican Federation of Sports Medicine, FEMMEDE.
- Ana Gabriela Guevara, General Director of the National Commission for Physical Culture and Sports, CONADE.
- Professor Fabio Pigozzi, President of FIMS, member of the Foundation Board of World Anti-Doping Agency (WADA) and the new President of the Italian National Anti-Doping Agency.
- Professor Jose Kawazoe Lazzoli, FIMS Executive Committee Member and President of Panamerican Confederation of Sports Medicine (COPAMEDE).
- Professor Yannis Pitsiladis, FIMS Executive Committee Member, member of the medical and scientific commission of International Olympic Committee (IOC) and Member of the Health Medical Research Committee (HMRC) of World Anti-Doping Agency (WADA).
School of Medicine
St. Andrews, UK
University of Colorado
Professor of Sports & Health Amsterdam UMC
Secretary-General of the World Federation of Chiropractic (WFC).
Ana Gabriela Guevara
General Director of the National Commission for Physical Culture and Sports, CONADE.
Vice President, Sports
Medicine at United States
Olympic & Paralympic Committee
President, Sports Medicine International Federation FIMS
Panamerican Confederation of Sports Medicine President
Member of the Medical and Scientific Commission of the International Olympic
Chiropractic Neurologist | Concussion Specialist
Melbourne, Florida, USA
Professional Golf Player
ADIDAS Strategy and Innovation
Prof. of Rehabilitation Sciences, Northumbria University, UK
JANE SETO Ph.D
Team Leader / Senior Research Officer
Murdoch Children’s Research Institute
JOSE A L CALBERT
Prof. Exercise Physiology at the University of Las Palmas, Gran Canaria. Spain.